Friday, October 24, 2008

Guess Who's Coming to Breakfast?

Khaled Hosseini.

That's right.

Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner and Thousand Splendid Suns, appeared at MY University last night. It was one of only 5 U.S. speaking engagements he booked for this year.

I didn't go to the event last night a). because I didn't have a babysitter, and b). because I haven't read his books.*

But this morning, at 9 a.m. he will be chowing down on danishes and muffins just around the corner from my office.


*I haven't read his books yet because I spent a few years as a Gender Studies minor and all we did was read terrifying books about how bad the world is. I had night terrors so I avoid those books.

1 comment:

Dave said...

You should definitely read Thousand Splendid Suns. You would learn a lot from it.