Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Trollope Project

The other day I mentioned my new endeavor of reading 50+ books by or about Anthony Trollope over the next ten years. I feel a bit nutty taking on such a longer term project; prior to this my longest reading project is the Classics Club and that is a five year project.

The Trollope Project will run from 01/01/2013 to 01/01/23. By that time Hope will be near graduating college, Atticus will be a teenager, and Persy Jane will be nearly out of elementary school.

(pause for brief parental shock)

I think stretching this out over 10 years is a wise decision. I don't think I will actually read more than 5 Trollope books a year. I don't want to get bored with his voice or characters or have it become a chore.

I've selected a list of books based on availability and interest. I may sub in other books, but I at least wanted a nice baseline post for this new project. I think I may be visiting this site quite often. This project is exciting!  For the life of me I don't know why I've never read a Trollope novel; all the other major Victorians are under my belt to some degree, but I am a Trollope virgin.  Wish me luck!

The Chronicles of Barsetshire
Palliser Novels
Other Novels
Other:
  • An Autobiography
  • Early Short Stories
  • Later Short Stories
  • The Letters of Anthony Trollope
  • Anthony Trollope by Victoria Glendinning

No comments: