This is a really horrible first goal picture. The mirror is dirty and I'm in Hope's room which was (is) a huge mess. I don't even know if you can tell a difference. I know most people say "your face is thinner" and I can certainly see a difference there. The first photo is from Atticus's birthday party in October of 2012 and was the only picture I could find where I wasn't hiding behind someone.
Since I reached my first goal I'll be treating myself to a pedicure as soon as the tattoo on my leg is healed. That was my "prize" to myself. I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm still in the weight-loss competition at work. The competition was supposed to be over on the 9th, but it has been extended to April 5th. The prize is $440. All 22 contestants paid $10 a piece and the University matches that up to $250. I want to win so badly. If I win Sam and I are using the money to go on a mini-trip for my birthday in late April.
I kinda have a nice little mini-goal/reward system going. It is intimidating to know that one has 146lbs to lose (well, 130 now) and breaking it up helps. Here are my current mini-goals:
- April 5th -- 275, end of contest
- April 27th -- 270, my birthday
- May 19th -- 265, my brothers wedding
- June 1st -- 260, bring up the clothes stored in the basement and have a 1/2 spa day!
Also, the Non Scale Victories are rolling in. I know my face looks thinner, but I (and Sam) can tell that my body is changing:
- I can do all the jumping jacks on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred without stopping.
- I can do 15 pushups (I couldn't even do one when I started)
- My clothes are falling off (Sam said he doesn't mind this, snicker snicker). My underwear was slipping off and down in my jeans yesterday. And on Sunday Atticus pulled my pants clean off while I was doing dishes. He tugged on my pj pants with one hand and the pants went to my ankles. Atticus thought it was hilarious. Thankfully Sam was in the shower and Hope was at a friends house and we didn't have guests!
- My size 26/28 pants are hilariously big and my size 24 capris are fitting loosely (I busted a zipper on pair last summer because they were so tight).