Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coffeecake Muffins


I'm SERIOUSLY behind on posting recipes. This is a recipe that morphed from another recipe. I made a batch for the house and then a batch for work. I left nuts out of the work batch because I know some people are funny about nuts (harty har har).
  1. Cream together 1/4 C. brown sugar, 1/2 C. sugar, and 1/2 C. butter.
  2. Now, beat in 2 eggs, 1 c. of yogurt, and 1 tsp. vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 C. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 C. all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1 tsp. baking soda.
  4. Add the dry ingredients SLOWLY to the wet ingredients and mix.
  5. Go crazy and throw shit it: nuts, raisins, apple chunks, are some examples of yummy stuff to throw in the mix.
  6. Spoon into lined cupcake pans and bake for about 15 minutes at 350. (Once again I remind you my oven is wonky so this may not be the correct temp/time for YOUR oven).
  7. Cool and then devour!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

those sound pretty fan-freaking-tastic. i'm all for all-purpose recipes... and this one sounds good.

btw, i'm reading some of your books - i copied down your "read in '09" list, and took it to the library. since i figure you have good taste in books, i'll just piggy back off your list. because i'm lazy too.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I adore cupcakes. I wrote this recipe down. Never need a reason to make cupcakes!