Monday, October 6, 2008

Attack of the Thrashing Cellists!!!

Last Wednesday night Inky Darcy and I ventured off to Atlanta to see Apocalyptica. Apocalyptica is a Finnish Metal Cello Quartet. They are all classically trained and super-talented.

Check-out some YouTube from the concert.

Here we have hypnotic head-banging:







Here is a hot metal dude with an adorable accent:



Here are a few kick-ass Metallica covers:








And a cover of my classical favorite "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg:






Apocalyptica earned three bras (thrown onto the stage), which must be pretty sweet for cellists. In fact Inky Darcy said "what a bunch of skeezy whores" about the girls throwing bras and at the same time I said that I would totally give them my bra. That was awkward.

1 comment:

stu said...

Well, it's certainly not Yo-Yo Ma.