Sunday, June 14, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Muffins


This morning I made some delicious apple cinnamon muffins. I had 3, Sam had 4, and little Hope had 5.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Ingredients:
2 C. all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 C. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. vanilla yogurt
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 C. applesauce
1 C. chopped apple.

This recipe is easy! Simply mix the dry ingredients. Next, mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add the wet to the dry and stir until just mixed (you want the batter to be a bit lumpy). Fold in your apples and you're ready to bake! Bake at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes.

In other foodish news -- I went to Publix today and they are having some great sales. I bought 10 boxes of Cheerios -- all different flavors -- and it was a steal. Typically each box of Cheerios is about $3.99. If I had paid full price I would have spent $39.90 on all those cereals. They were on sale as buy one get one free. This puts the price of cereal per box at around $1.99 -- okay, now my total is $19.90. Bring on the coupons! I had 2 $1 off coupons and one 50 cent coupon that was doubled which brought my total cereal purchase down to $16.90. Plus I had a Publix coupon for $1 off bananas when you buy a box of Cheerios. So my total price -- per box -- on cereal was $1.69 per box.

It was such a good grocery shopping day. I paid $135.54 for groceries and saved over $95 with coupons and sales. Whoot!

No comments: