Friday, July 3, 2009

By the Sea

My air conditioning unit has been broken since Wednesday night. Sam and I have been camping out downstairs with box fans rigged up to try to cool things down a bit. The apartment repair guy is allegedly coming to fix it. This will be his third trip out here.

Since I have no inclination to read, clean, or be otherwise productive today I thought I would cool myself off mentally by imagining by favorite books and songs that remind me of Sea. Not in a bikini-wearing-sun-stroke-by-the-sea-way, but rather in a dilapidated-lighthouse-by-the-grey-craggy-shore way.

Enjoy the list and tell me if have books/tunes that I should check-out!

Books for by the Sea:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The Sea, the Sea by Iris Murdoch
High Wind in Jamaica by Richard Hughes
"The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson
The Waves by Virginia Woolf

Tunes for by the Sea:


No comments: