- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
"They walked in single file. The entrance to the path was like a great sort of arch leading into a gloomy tunnel made by two great trees that leant together, too old and strangeled with ivy and hung with lichen to bear more than a few blackened leaves." (chapter 8, page 140)Current Read #2: The Oxford Book of Ghost Stories edited by Michael Cox:
"The world, it is said, knows nothing of its greatest men. In our Cambridge microcosm it may be doubted whether we are better informed concerning some of the departed great ones who once walked the confines of our Colleges." ("The True History of Anthony Ffryar" by Arthur Gray, page 277)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
- You write a post on your own blog about the topic.
- The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.
- You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
- You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
3 Book Titles That Made Me Laugh Out Loud When I First Read Them:
- A Few Green Leaves by Barbara Pym
- America (The Book) by Jon Stewart and the writers of the Daily Show
- I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris