This weekend I've done nothing but stretch across the couch under a heap of blankets. There are 3 reasons why: 1). dratted time change, 2). sinus/head cold, 3). pregnancy fatigue (hey -- I'm building a placenta right now, I'm sure that's hard work)
As a perfectionist who enjoys being hyper busy, I've been a bit hard on myself. I'm really having to work at letting things go and attempting proper sleep. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and to see Alice in Wonderland and it completely wiped me out. Today I nixed all errands, did about half the cleaning I normally do on my Mondays off, and spent some serious time on the couch. I feel much better and if I could just beat this cold into submission I think I'll be back to my normal self.
Okay, time for a complete subject change with no sort of transition (yay!): Reading Challenges. I realize that once a month I need to evaluate where I am with my reading challenges. Since I decided to sign-up for a trillion of them, I best keep some sort of track of how I am -- or am not -- progressing. See below for the details.
Reading Challenge Update
- Art History Challenge: 0 out of 6 books completed
- Bibliophilic Books Challenge: 0 out of 6 books completed
- Bronte Challenge: 1 out of 3-6 books completed
- Chunkster Challenge: 1 out of 6 books completed
- Graphic Novels Challenge: 1 out of 3 - 10 books completed
- Marple/Poriot/Holmes Challenge: 1 out of 6 completed
- Our Mutual Read Challenge: 3 out of 12 books completed
- Our Mutual Friend Period Film Challenge: 2 out of 6 completed
- Our Mutual Friend Short Story Challenge: 6 out of 12 completed
- Short Story Challenge: 2 out of 5 completed
- Support Your Local Library Challenge: 7 out of 50 completed
- Tudor Book Challenge: 1 out of 5 completed
- Year of the Historical: 2 out of 12 completed
- Complete Booker Challenge: 0 out of 6 completed
- French Historicals Challenge: 0 out of 3 completed
Also, I'm on a LOTR hiatus. I am planning to read them this year and I enjoyed The Hobbit immensely, I'm just not in a LOTR-kinda mood at the moment.