I modified this recipe from the June issue of Cooking Light; originally, the recipe called for peaches, plums, and apricots. Plums and apricots were not on hand, so I substituted blackberries and strawberries. The result was a deliciously sweet and tart dessert that went perfectly with a large scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.
Blackberry Strawberry Peach Crisp (modified from Cooking Light)
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sliced blackberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups French Vanilla ice cream
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
3. Spoon fruit mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated greased with butter. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
4. Combine oats and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl. Drizzle with butter, stirring until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over fruit. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream.