Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving.....

The past two days have really been delightful:  I've had time with Sam and the kids, baked and cooked, spent time with family, and had a marvelous time hanging out with one of my best buds in the world:

Both of my babies cuddling on the couch....



Sausage Cheese Balls...



Ginger Molasses Cookies...



Catherine's family came by for a visit.  Catherine had some quality baby holding time!  Also, we stayed up late (I didn't go to bed until almost 3 am) watching MST3K, chatting, giggling, and eating far too many cookies!



baby feet...



Hope, Julie, Sam's Grandpoppa, and Atticus....



Aunt Diane loving the baby to pieces...



Five generations - my mom, my granddaddy, my great-grandmother, me, and Atticus.


I'm so thankful for my kids, my friends, my family, and quiet days at home to do things I love (like preparing for the holidays, baking, and reading).  Today I wasn't able to snap a picture of who I'm most thankful for... Sam.  We were so busy trading off baby holding and kid supervising, I wasn't able to snap a picture.  He makes me so very happy and I'm a very lucky woman to have nabbed him.  He, as my grandmother would say, "is a catch."


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with people you love!

2 comments:

Susan in TX said...

What a wonderful day! Love the pics, esp. the multigenerational picture. That is my favorite picture of my kids, but we only had 4 generations at the time. Happy Thanksgiving (a day late) to you and yours!

Amanda said...

I love the 5-generation picture! My great grandmother died when I was 6 months pregnant with my first son. We got a couple 5-generation pictures with my ultrasound picture standing in for Morrigan, but I would have liked for my great grandma to have met him.