Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reading Goals for 2011

I'm not quite ready to post my wrap-up for my 2010 reading year, I'm still determined to finish North and South before midnight on January 1st!  I have been spending a great deal of time thinking about 2011.

This post will be in list format because I adore lists.

The Basics:

  • Read a minimum of 75 books or 20,000 pages

  • Participate in the April and October Readathons

  • Participate in 3 other book blogging events (for example, I'm eager to participate in the Virago reading week and the Persephone reading weekend.)

  • Do 5 readalongs.  They can be blog readalongs or GoodReads readalongs.  I'm signing up for several readalongs hosted by Allie at A Literary Odyssey

  • Complete 3 reads for the Classics Circuit and POST ON TIME!

  • Complete all the reading challenges I've signed up to do.

  • Only do 12 challenges at a time.  I have to finish a challenge to signup for another.


Reading Challenges:

I'm still making my lists for these challenges, so check back soon!

  1. Local Library Challenge -- Check out and read 30 library books

  2. Off the Shelf Challenge -- Read 30 books off my shelves

  3. Chunkster Challenge -- Read 8 chunksters or 3 tomes

  4. To Be Read Challenge -- 12 books from my TBR pile

  5. Special Topics in Calamity Physics Challenge -- Senior Level

  6. Vintage Mystery Challenge -- Read 4-6 Vintage Mysteries

  7. Man Booker Challenge -- A Booker's Dozen, read 12 of the winning, short-listed, or long-listed titles.

  8. What's in a Name Challenge -- List coming soon!

  9. First in a Series Challenge -- Read 3 books that are the first in any series

  10. Seconds Challenge -- Read 12 books that are the second in a series or the second time I've read the author.

  11. Chivalrous Deeds Historical Challenge -- Read 7 historical fiction books

  12. Dystopia Challenge -- Read 5 Dystopian novels


Tomorrow I plan on posting my lists for the various challenges.  I need to read read read because there are so many other challenges I want to join.  Wish me luck!

I think that is it for my more concrete reading goals.  I also want to try to blog more reviews and do general reading updates.  A strict blog schedule isn't for me, but I'll try to be more devoted to maintaining the bookishness of this blog.

6 comments:

Andi said...

Great goals! Far loftier than I'll probably set my own sites, but I'm totally envious and living vicariously through you. I hadn't heard of some of these challenges, so I'm looking forward to investigating!

Linda said...

I doing the Local Library and The To Be Read Challenge too. Sounds like a great year you have planned!

nerdybookgirl said...

There are SO MANY wonderful challenges. I know this seems an ambitious list, but the original challenge list had so many more challenges!

Bev said...

Welcome to the Vintage Reading Challenge! I'm so pleased at how many people want to join me in reading these old mysteries! I hope you enjoy!

Bev said...

Oh...and thanks for posting about the Local Library Challenge. I'd been waiting to see that one up again.

Sojourness said...

I'm so impressed with your reading goal. I only read 27 books this year and my goal for next year is 30-35. Where do you find the time?? :)