Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Blog and the Bookish

The Blog:

Bloggeista pretty much consumed me last night and early this morning.  I didn't get a chance to write rainy day posts, but I did get many other things done:

  1. I hammered out a list of ideas for writing.  It isn't really a schedule, but I have several things I want to write about and I thought of a general schedule for writing.

  2. I changed templates

  3. I spent way too long finding the *perfect* header image

  4. I purchased my own domain

  5. I added a Facebook badge

  6. I handled a technical problem I was having with Twitter

  7. I add the ability for commenters to Facebook, Tweet, or share via Wordpress my posts.


Hooray for Bloggeista!

The Bookish:




Tomorrow, Monday the 24th, marks the beginning of Virago Reading Week.  Whoot!  I've been so excited about this reading week.  In fact, I'm setting aside my other two reads (War and Peace and Family Roundabout) for the week so that I can concentrate solely on my Viragos.  I've picked out three, but realistically I'll probably only be able to read two at the most.

I'm starting out the week reading Antonia White's sequel to Frost in May, The Lost Traveller.  If I have time, I also plan on reading Emily Eden's The Semi Attached Couple and The Semi Detached House, and Kate O'Brien's That Lady.  Expect a reading update later in the week!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Welcome to Virago Reading Week! I'm excited to read your reviews, especially of Antonia White. And your blog looks great.

Andi said...

Looooove the new look! Very streamlined and classy and your sidebar images pop! :D

Katie said...

The new look is fabulous! Makes me want to spend some time on mine......

bookssnob said...

Thank you for taking part in Virago Reading Week! It's so exciting to have you reading along - you've chosen some fantastic titles!

Tweets that mention The Blog and the Bookish | Fig and Thistle -- Topsy.com said...

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Virago Press and nerdybookgirl, nerdybookgirl. nerdybookgirl said: New Post: The Blog and The Bookish http://wp.me/p10sL0-8G [...]