But things are looking brighter. I've resolved to not let pettiness, anxiety, and the misplaced ambitiousness of others damper my mood. I come to work, I'm cheery, I do a bang-up job and then I leave the
I have many things I'm looking forward to in February:
- I'll be doing loads of baking this month. I've interlibrary loaned several dairy-free/vegan cookbooks and I'll be experimenting and posting my results. I'll be baking for birthdays, a baby shower, and a bake sale.
- My sister's baby shower! I'm throwing my sister a baby shower this Saturday and I'm so excited. Evelyn Rose will be here in March!
- I'll be attending the Middle School Fair with Hope this month. I can't believe she will be in Middle School this year.
- Hope will be turning 11 this month! We're having a rainbow-themed sleepover to celebrate.
- Persephone Reading Weekend! I'm planning on adding to my small Persephone collection as well.
- Buying a reading chair. I've promised myself that I will purchase a squishy chair for reading this month. Everyone cross your fingers that the car won't break so I'll have the funds for the purchase.
- In addition to reading Persephone books, I have a few other books stacked on my February TBR pile: Family Roundabout by Richmal Crompton, The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (reread), Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl, Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris, Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (reread), and Room by Emma Donoghue to name a few.
- I've also reorganized my Netflix queue and the movies I have coming up are: Inception, Whip It, An Education, The Last Station, Bright Star, Lars and the Real Girl, Princess Mononoke, the BBC version of Rebecca, Affinity, and loads of TV episodes (primarily Dark Shadows, Monty Python's Flying Circus and The French Chef with Julia Child).
- In addition I'll be spending time with the kiddos and Sam, making time for friends and family, stitching, knitting, writing, and enjoying life.
I hope you all have grand plans for February!