Monday, February 6, 2012

Making Monday


I've actually been in quite the creative mood lately.

First of all, I started my cake decorating class on Saturday.  I'm taking the class with my Mom and we are having a blast.  We discussed the basics yesterday (filling a piping bag, the best icing for decorating, etc...) and then we practiced with the 18 tip and made stars and lines.  When I got home I was eager to practice.  Out came the sugar cookies (from a mix, I'm so lazy) and then I got to decorating:

My first cookie

Of course I had to be lewd...
...and disgusting
I can't wait for next week's class.  We will learn how to torte a cake, make gel image transfers, and some more piping.

I'm also gearing up for some other projects:

A dish cloth WIP and some Valentine treat fabrics!

There is plenty here to keep me very busy through February. What are you making?

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Aw, looking at your cookies makes me hungry even though I've just eaten ;) I wish my cooking/baking abilities went beyond packet soup...
No seriously, these look great!

Andi said...

FROSTING!!! RAWWRRRR!!!

I'm sorry, did you say something?!

:DDDD

chrisa511 said...

Haha...I saw your cookie on twitter the other day and laughed out loud...love it!