- We stayed at the Hilton Atlanta. It was niiiiiiiccccceeeee.
- A giant cupcake and a pot of tea at Dr. Bombay's Underwater Tea Party.
- Lots of walking
- Friday night dinner at the Vortex: tater tot nachos for an appetizer and then a bacon cheeseburger!
- Late night movie with Sam. We saw the Hunger Games and he loved it.
- Watching ridiculous reality TV in the hotel
- Romantic smooches and goings ons
- A day at the High Museum of Art. I saw Picasso, Jasper Johns, Matisse, and Warhol works!!!! Yay!
- A trip to Fernbank Museum of Natural History. I was expecting more, but at least I got a kick-ass dinosaur mug.
- Fancy dinner at a ritzy seafood joint.
- Sleeping until we woke up. Every parent out there will appreciate that!
- Boobies. I'm down to only nursing Atticus for an actual feeding once a day. I haven't used a pump or nursing pads since November. So I thought I'd be fine. I did well on Friday until about 2am. Then there was milk spraying everywhere. To prevent mess I slept with a shower cap over the right boob and an ice bucket bag over the left. In the morning I cut up a maxi pad and shoved it in my bra. What's really fun is quoting scenes from the horrible B movie Laserblast and threatening the husband with detonating ta-tas.
- Hipsters. OMG. We were driving to Fernbank thinking that we would go to the museum and then park around the Little Five Points area to walk around. We found ourselves in a clusterfuffle of traffic and assholes in vintage sundresses or skinny jeans paired with ironic tee shirts. It was insane and took us an hour to get out of there due to some festival bullshit. As Sam said, "hipsters are like zombies: once they move into an area they infect everything in a matter of seconds." Also, prom kids. It was prom night and downtown was covered in unfortunate dresses and awkward teens.
- Being a Hick. At the fancy restaurant our waiter whipped out what looked like the broken clip part of a clip board. He proceeded to quickly scrape away the crumbs on the table. With out thinking -- and with a vodka cran in me -- I exclaimed, "welll, looky thar! He's got a doodad to scrape the crumbs! We ain't got that up yonder! That's plum smart!" Maybe it wasn't quite so bad, but the look on the waiter's face and the folks around us were shocked.
- Booklessness: I never found a bookstore. I was going to go to A Cappella Books, but they were in the hipster infected zone. We ended up driving around looking for Barnes and Nobles and wandered around two soulless malls. Does no one in Atlanta read?
Next January we will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary, but next May 11th we will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary from when we started officially dating. We're thinking a weekend in Asheville might be in order. Atticus will be 2 1/2 and could probably handle three nights away from mom. We'll see how it goes.
Okay, back to the daily grind tomorrow!
*not from the romantic getaway! Atticus went to the doctor today, he has a double ear infection and pink eye. Needless to say, there was not much sleep going on last night.