In fact you should know that the above teensy bit was written over an hour ago. I got up from my computer, went to my bedroom, stared at the bookshelf. How's that for productivity. I can't decide if I should clean the house or finish this post. Okay, I'll finish the post, but I'm giving my self a time limit to bang it out.
We now begin our actual post -- Weight Loss Update:
Beginning Weight 01/01/12: 296
Current Weight 5/16/12: 271.4
I've almost lost 25 pounds and that means an average of 5lbs a month which is what I was going for initially.
But, y'all, I'm so sick of it. I'm tired of eating healthy. I'm tired of exercising. I'm tired of drinking water. I'd like to waller (as we say in Georgia) in a vat of deep fried something. I've allowed myself a few breaks -- but my weight loss has slowed down.
I've poked around in my profile on My Fitness Pal and I've realized something. I have sabotaged myself by getting too crazy. When I was successfully losing weight I was doing several things:
- Drinking 8 glasses of water a day
- Consuming calories calculated to ensure a 1 lb a week loss, plus calories for breastfeeding, plus eating back my exercise calories.
- I exercised 4 days on, 1 day off. When that was difficult to balance with home and work life I switched to 2 days on, 1 day off. That seemed to work better.
- I varied my exercise. I mostly went for walks and when my allergies got bad I switched to belly dance and 30 Day Shred.
- I took my vitamin pack and probiotic every day.
- I tried for 12 plus glasses of water -- which I didn't often achieve because I got sick of the stuff.
- I tried to exercise Monday - Friday. Mostly 30 Day Shred. I hate 30 Day Shred. Yes I've toned and I can feel a difference, but I hurt my elbow doing Traveling Pushups and I keep having to take a days off to get the twinge to go away. Also, I *hate* it when Jillian says "you should be seeing your six pack abs now if you're doing everything right." Fuck you, Jillian. I weigh just over 270 lbs. I'm not going to see a six pack for a long while.
- I quit adding breast feeding calories. I went to 1,700 calories with eating back my exercise calories. Then I found I was still hungry or tired and I would over eat and then not record the calories because I felt like a disappointment.
So, I'm going back to a LIFESTYLE change mentality. No Dieting. LIFESTYLE CHANGE. My new goal is to be a bit nicer to myself and truly be honest:
- Back to 8 glasses of water a day. If I want more then fine. If not? No big deal.
- Take the vitamin and probiotic. It is about HEALTH, not be looking like a hottie. (I couldn't type that without laughing)
- Exercise Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. My goal is to exercise 30-45 minutes on those days and burn about 200-250 calories.
- Back to a loss of 1 lb a week. This means my daily calorie intake will be 1,950 + 200 calories for breastfeeding a toddler + my exercised calories. This means I will be consuming 2,150 to 2,400 calories a day. I know that may seem like a lot, but I didn't realize how much Atticus was nursing until we went out of town. He is still nursing 2-3 times a day (minimum) for about 10-30 minutes each time. That's a lot of work right there.
- I also made my diary private for only friends to read. I need less pressure.
Feel free to dispense comments of an encouraging nature. I could really use them right now. Peace!