Monday, August 6, 2012

Good Things

There are a lot of good things going on in my life right now.  On of the nicest is that I ditched my facebook account.  I'm tired of all the political yammering and people making drama out of nothing.  Also, since getting my Android I realized that I spend way too much time on facebook.  Whenever I am bored or tired or just sitting around I find myself numbly scrolling through my facebook updates.  What a waste of time.  I am less glued to my phone now and I find that I spend more time reading or actually doing things rather than just "liking" random goofy pictures.

Other good things:

Taking Hope shopping for back to school garb.  7th grade starts this week!

Actually making some of my pins

Sam and I rescued an injured fledgling turkey vulture and took him to an animal rehab place. 
I've consumed a load of fish sandwiches as they are my most persistent pregnancy craving.

My friend Catherine made me (and Sam, but I've claimed it) a beautiful quilt.  I love it.

I spent Friday helping with a charity bake sale for a friend injured in a car wreck.  We raised $558 in 3.5 hours!

Reading under my quilt with my first decaf coffee that has made me hurl. I haven't had coffee in about 5 weeks.  It is nice to be feeling better.

Last night I made peach cobbler with farmer's market peaches.  Yum!

I've spent a lot of time with this little man.  He is my sweetheart.
Good stuff happening all round.  I hope you all are enjoying the simple pleasures and avoiding the haters!

5 comments:

Giggly said...

All beautiful things. :) XOXOX I'm glad you are feeling good.

Rebecca H. said...

I'm glad things are going well! I am unfriending the super-political people on Facebook, and it's a relief. I don't want to get off it entirely, but I do want to be more selective in what information I see.

And about food -- I can hardly look at your fish sandwich picture, because fish is my strongest food aversion! In fact, it's just about my only food issue, beyond the usual bad digestion generally. The cravings I have, which are very strong, aren't really pregnancy ones, because I always have those :)

Andi said...

Good stuff indeed!!! That cobbler looks amazing and yay coffee! The quilt is beautiful, and you KICKED ASS at that bake sale. Right on!

Catherine said...

the quilt looks amazing!!! i am glad to see you using it. and yes, those are all good things. especially the first and last things.

Susan said...

The quilt looks beautiful, the peach cobbler delicious, I'm glad you're feeling better, and hurray to celebrating the ordinary moments of life, because that's what makes up our lives - the goodness of them. Thanks for a lovely post!