Friday, August 31, 2012

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VII

Cheers to heralding in Autumn!  Carl's 7th year of hosting the RIP challenge is upon us.  Grab a mystery or something spooky and join in.  I'll be participating in several of the challenges: 

Peril the First:
I will be reading at least four creepy novels for this challenge.  In my choice pool I have The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (also a RIP read-along), the Harry Potter series (a non-RIP associated read-along),  Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy, Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Lilith by George MacDonald, Locke and Key: Clockworks by Joe Hill, and a few volumes of Bill Willingham's Fables series.
Peril of the Short Story:
In October I will be reading The Haunted Dolls' House and Other Ghost Stories by MR James.

Peril on the Screen:
I plan to watch 5-7 creepy movies this autumn.  There's nothing better than getting good and scared.

A short and sweet post today.  I'm eager to get through the work day and crack open some books! 

No comments: