- Motherhood is the most complicated, wonderful, frightening, tedious, and joyfilled job EVER.
- When I read for too long a stretch my eyes stay crossed for a good 15 minutes afterwards.
- I've curbed my impulse book buying (a bit), but yarn still gets me.
- I've missed the sunshine.
- Ox tail is, indeed, a meaty tail and looks disgusting.
- Blue jeans + scabby/healing tattoo + cat in need of a scratching post = pain.
- Graphic descriptions of spunk-filled condoms and used tampons dangling from a wire fence and whipping in the breeze (a.k.a. a sex tornado) can make me throw-up a Starbucks Honey Latte. (Please see Chuck Palahniuk's Rant for more vivid details).
- I should have bought that cute bag at Junkman's Daughter.
- One shouldn't have imaginary conversations with oneself in a public library restroom, folks tended to assume you've just escaped the loony bin.
- I'm very sad and lonely sleeping in my bed alone. The bed feels big and empty and cold even though the cat curls up next to me. And why do I still sleep on one side of the bed?
Friday, March 7, 2008
Things I Learned This Week -- Volume 1
...or, A Shamelessly Stolen Post from the Awesome Sojourness...