Monday, November 30, 2009

The Long Weekend


Even though I blogged on Friday I feel weeks behind. I'm staring at a list of no less than 7 posts and thinking that blogging in my brain does no good unless I actually sit down to blog it out. So this week expect a flurry of posts including, but not limited to: Thanksgiving update, thrifting finds, book challenges, tree trimming, parenting epiphanies, and Christmas activities. Also, there may possibly be a book review, recipe, or thread project thrown in here and there for good measure.

Okay, first things first. Thanksgiving. We went to my grandparents' home and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and barring a small anxiety attack (the next person to interrogate me on wedding planning might see me flip my shit) I had a wonderful time. I love spending time with family and friends during the holidays, but to a point. Sam had to look for me once at my grandmother's house because I was hiding, he found me at the empty table with a cup of coffee ignoring the din of noise from the kitchen.

What made Thanksgiving the most spectacular was spending time with the two people I'm most thankful for -- Hope and Sam -- for the entire day.

I hope everyone else had a terrific Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

i am greatly excited to see what you post this week!

Andi said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving (for the most part). and I understand completely about flippage. I see some in my near future.