April has been a wonderful reading month for me; I've completed seven books and have five more in progress. I'm hoping May will be a another wonderful reading month, but there are some huge changes happening in my life that might slow me down a bit. We're (fingers crossed) moving in late May to a wonderful old house just down the street. You'd think a move just a few blocks down wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm always a nervous wreck when I move. I also have difficulty reading when the house is in disarray. Ok, I'll talk about the house in another post.
Let's just say I'm going to be hugely optimisitc and assemble a large and unreasonable book pile. Here we go:
Books Already in Progress to Finish in May:
- Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Death of the Moth by Virginia Woolf
- Good Evening, Mrs. Craven by Mollie Panter-Downes
- The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham
- The Priory by Dorothy Whipple
- Wild Romance: A Victorian Story of a Marriage, a Trial, and a Self-Made Woman by Chloe Schama
- Black Plumes by Margery Allingham
- Birdsong: A Novel of Love and War by Sebastian Faulks
- Nothing Meets the Eye: The Uncollected Stories of Patricia Highsmith
- From Hell by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
By the way, I'm participating in Persephone Week! Good Evening, Mrs. Craven will be my Persephone of choice for the week.
All right, time to tidy the kitchen and then get down to reading!