Even though I do have other things to do this weekend -- house cleaning, baking, breaking in the maternity swimsuit -- I wanted to sign up for Unputdownables' 48 Hour TBR Read - a - Thon. Here are the details:
"Are you like me with piles of book (or lists of books) a mile long on your To-Be-Read (TBR) list? Although I do read more than the average Jane, I don’t read as much as I would like to. I keep passing my bookshelf wanting to get some of those books read! So, this weekend I am going to limit the TV and the outings (I’ve been gone for the past week anyway and have a trip to Tahoe coming up very soon… one weekend inside won’t do me any harm), and the random errands and I’m going to READ! I’m rather looking forward to using the next few days to pick a few books off of my shelf to put in my Read-a-Thon pile.
So are you in? Come read with me this weekend!
If You’re In:
- Choose a few books that you will attempt to finish this weekend (Friday evening through Sunday night).
- Post your TBR Read-a-Thon books on your blog so your readers can see what you are attempting for the weekend.
- Challenge your readers to read along with you! (It’s OK if they don’t, but might be fun if they want to choose at least one book to participate with).
- Join the discussion all weekend long at #bookblogchat on Twitter.
- Post updates on your blog about what you are reading and what you have finished (full reviews can come later, but this will let your readers know what you are reading so they can either read along or look forward to your reviews!)
- Visit other blogs that are doing the read-a-long. Post comments and follow your fellow bloggers.
- Make sure you sign up here with Mr. Linky with a link to your first post so we can follow your progress!
- *If you don’t have a blog but want to participate: Sign up with Mr. Linky, just don’t add a website (or you can link to your Twitter or GoodReads page).*
If You’re Not In, but Want to Support:
- Check out the blogs that are participating below in the Mr. Linky list.
- Visit those blogs and leave comments and encouragement
- Add to your own TBRs as you see what others are reading!
I hope you’ll join in on the fun. It does not matter how many books you read (1 or 100 — actually, if you read 100 I might be so impressed that I send your name to the Guinness Book of World Records), just read! There are no tangible prizes, but hopefully being part of the community of readers and learning about great new blogs will be incentive enough.
Please spread the word on your own blog and on Twitter!"
I spent a fair amount of time reading The Count of Monte Cristo and The House at Riverton. My list for this weekend is small, simply to finish both of these books and knock out at least 100 pages of Crime and Punishment and about half of Manservant and Maidservant (which I was supposed to have read by today). For me, this will really be a finish some books read-a-thon!
If you want to participate, visit here to sign up!