Monday, August 9, 2010

In the words of Eddie Vedder, "I'm still alive"


I can't believe I haven't blogged since Wednesday!  The last half of my week off from work flew by.  I accomplished a great deal, but, alas, I didn't have the time, energy, or any real inclination to blog.


So what did I do from Wednesday evening until today?

  • Started a biography of Mary Queen of Scots

  • baked Snickerdoodle cupcakes

  • had my friend, Meghan, over for dinner

  • went to lunch with my friend Erin and Hope

  • bought the new Arcade Fire album and obsessively listened to it

  • purchased yarn for a baby blanket and began furiously crocheting

  • watched several movies with Sam

  • had a day at the pool with Sam and Hope (I'm slightly burned)

  • went to dinner with Sam and Hope

  • cleaned the house

  • did massive grocery shopping

  • reorganized the pantry

  • finished back to school shopping

  • packed Hope off for her first day as a fifth grader

  • packed Sam off at for his new job

  • went back to work after 9 days of vacation and tried to catch up on work


WHEW!  I'm tired and amazed that summer vacation has flown by so quickly.   Between the two of us, I'm a bit glad that I'm back to my regular schedule.  I miss my routine and I honestly feel like I get more done when I have some order in my life.  Alright folks, I've a busy week this week but I am determined to get some reading done.

5 comments:

Tweets that mention In the words of Eddie Vedder, “I’m still alive” « Fig and Thistle -- Topsy.com said...

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by stuart allen, nerdybookgirl. nerdybookgirl said: I'm alive! http://figandthistle.wordpress.com/2010/08/09/in-the-words-of-eddie-vedder-im-still-alive/ [...]

Chris said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Isn't the new Arcade Fire amazing??? I'm obsessed with Sprawl II!! And those cupcakes look and sound divine :)

nerdybookgirl said...

The new Arcade Fire is absolutely amazing. I'm going to see them tomorrow and I'm thrilled. I'm taking Hope with me (I think it will be the best first concert experience for her ever).

Andi said...

I hear ya. I am a child of routine all the way. It's tough for me from academic term to term to get into a new routine, but once I do, I'm far more productive.

Good luck getting caught back up at work! The snickerdoodle cupcakes sound most excellent.

Remembering August and Looking to September « Fig and Thistle said...

[...] lovely stay-cation at the beginning of the month [...]