Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Readathon Prep

The Sunday Salon.com

I'm so excited about the fast approaching 24-hour Readathon!  I've never been able to participate as I've worked Saturdays at the library for the past 3 years.  I had rearranged my work schedule to participate in the spring, but then I had a miscarriage scare and opted out.

But now, I'm ready to go!  Hope is going to grandma's house for the weekend and I'm assembling book lists and book piles aplenty.  Of course the library is playing an essential role in building my book piles.  Today I popped into the public library for a few minutes and came away with a cookbook and three fiction works.  The three fiction books are:

I'm still building my list; I have some graphic novels selected, a few books from my stacks, and some interlibrary loan materials headed my way.  I still need some audio books, any suggestions?

3 comments:

leeswammes said...

You're doing well with the preparations. I've also made a short list of books that I'm planning to read for this challenge.

Except for the first book they are all reasonably light reads. I know from a previous read-a-thon (although this is my first Dewey's read-a-thon) that it works better to have easier reads towards the end. War and Peace when you haven't slept for 20 hours is not ideal. :-)

Good luck with the read-a-thon - I'm sure to be following your progress.

nerdybookgirl said...

Thanks for the strategy pointers! I loved War and Peace, but I can't imagine tackling it after no sleep!

Heather said...

Get THE LITTLE STRANGER by Sarah Waters. I think after 10 years, I kinda know your reading tastes and I am pretty confident in saying you will love it. It was quite the page turner for me!