I'm super excited, can you tell?
I was going to do the perfunctory readathon prep post most bloggers seem to do the night before, but instead I opted to eat a cheeseburger, watch MST3K, and snuggle with my husband. He knows he will be ignored today and he may be *forced* to spend the day drawing or playing video games. Poor soul.
Hope went to grandma's house last night for a long weekend visit as there are no soccer games this weekend. So I'm truly on my own (excepting Beau the cat and Atticus).
First, some ground rules/plans I set for myself:
- I'm starting early. I began this readathon at 6 a.m. as I'm an early riser.
- I know I won't go the entire 24-hours. Seriously, do you want to stand between a nine month pregnant lady and her sleep?
- In addition, there may be a nap break.
- I've stocked the fridge with water, fruit, yogurt, and a few treats. As much as I would like to live on coffee and tea, I need to mostly drink water.
- This isn't to say I won't indulge in some light caffeinated goodness. I see a Pumpkin Spice Latte in my future.
- I also plan to move around. Walking and changing reading locations frequently.
- I'm rewarding myself for reading. For every book I finish I'm going to BUY A NEW BOOK. Yup, no charity or kindness from me. Pure book greediness going on around here!
I also have a schedule for my reading. Essentially, it is to ensure that I eat, drink, and walk around and that I don't get sucked into computer land (the point of readathon is to read)! I'll have a few activities today: mini-challenges, listening to audiobooks, a trip to a library/bookstore, and some shelf reorganization to help me resist sitting on my ass all day.
Now, onto the books. Here is the current book pile:
I know! It is quite ambitious, but my goal is to work through at least half of the books.
Alright folks, I'm off to read. I'll pop back in later!