Saturday, April 9, 2011

Readathon: The Second Update

I'm not uploading any pictures during this update.  I've been reading for a while and just realized that I'm taking over parenting duties for a few hours at 6:30 (and it is just striking 6). 

To briefly update, I'm so glad I'm minimized my blogging time.  I haven't read a single Readathon update, but I've accomplished loads of reading (39 pages of Sylvia Beach and the Lost Generation and 96 pages of Saplings for a total of 135 pages).  My grand total for the day is 255 pages! 

I'm about to head home and do Atticus' bedtime routine (bath, cuddles, and an extra long nursing session).  I can usually read while I do Atticus' night nursing.  Yay!  Shannon is coming to the house tonight and we are going to feast upon grilled hamburgers and sweet potato fries.  After Atticus is asleep we will continue with the reading.  My goal is to make it until at least midnight. 

I'll be cheerleading in the early morning hours (I hope I've planned it right, my goal is to wake before Atticus so I can cheer for other readers).

Happy Reading!!!!

3 comments:

alitareads said...

Good luck with the rest of your read-a-thon - especially your early-morning cheerleading!

christina said...

Glad to see you're enjoying your reading day. I think I'm going to grab a cup of mocha to persevere!

Leeswammes said...

Hope all went well for the last few hours, although I guess you needed some sleep. I slept about 7 hours in between - my readathon started at 2pm and slept from 1am to 8 am. Actually, it's quite handy this way.