My other bookish news is that I'm eagerly anticipating Read-a-thon this weekend. Best friend and coparent, Shannon, will be participating with me and we are in the throes of nerdiness. Obviously, I won't be able to participate for a full 24-hours (Atticus didn't like that idea), but I'll hopefully get in a solid 8 hours of reading with a solid 2-3 hours of blogging and cheerleading.
My book list is forming, so far I have on the pile:
- Sylvia Beach and the Lost Generation by Noel Riley Fitch
- Saplings by Noel Streatfeild
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
- The Silent Woman: Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes by Janet Malcolm
- Once Upon a Time in the North by Philip Pullman
- Q's Legacy by Helen Hanff
- Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers
I'm so excited!