Tuesday, November 1, 2011

L is for Lots of Books!!!

I hit up the gigantic charity booksale on Thursday night and again on Saturday.  I bought loads of books for just under $25 (which was my budget).  However, I just realized that I sat down a pile of books and didn't go back and pick them up.  Sigh.  Oh well.  I guess I can say that I stayed on budget and that someone else will get to enjoy those titles I left lying in a pile.

On to the bookish spoils!!!


I won't list out all the titles as they are all pretty clear in the picture.  It is a bit difficult to read the title on that top, left-hand side book.

That's right.  A copy of Carson McCuller's A Member of the Wedding with a funky embroidered copy.  SCORE!!!


Sweet.  I am one happy booknerd with incredibly cramped shelves.  I need to start reading off my shelves more, but I realize I'm saying this with plans to visit the library in the morning.  I am a book glutton and I'm totally okay with that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Carson McCuller's book is awesome! Bummer about the missing pile of books.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I am also a book glutton. I recently went to a library book sale and bought 40 books for $14. OOPS!

Looks like you got a good haul though! I love that Carson McCuller's cover. How cool. :)

Susan in TX said...

That's a great haul. I thought the Professor and the Madman was fascinating. I keep wanting somebody to do a "read along" of "if on a winter's night..." - it's been on my tbr shelf for 8 years - I think I need a little push to get to it at this point. :) So sorry about the ones you left behind. These look like they will keep you busy for a while, though.
As for gluttony, if we must be gluttons, I've long thought book-gluttony one of the more healthy varieties. ;)

AG said...

Love 'Member of the Wedding'! And my sister has certainly taken 'Pilgrim at Tinker Creek' as her favourite book - she's after me to read it. Have just recently had some Antonia White novels here which I got after reading about them here - thanks for the recommendation! Best new to me novels I've read in a long time.

AJJ said...

Green Darkness is a fave of mine. I'm a little in love with Anya Seton. You'll love it.

Amanda Roper said...

@Susan I read if on a winter's night about 5 years ago. It was fabulous.

Allie said...

I can't resist book sales like that! There are always great things lurking!