- GoodReads reading goal (50 books in a year)
- Tea and Books -- Chamomile Lover, read 2 books of 700+ pages.
- Short Story Reading Challenge -- Tell Me a Story, 1-3 short story collections
- Reading Challenge Addict -- On the roof, 6 - 10 challenges entered and completed!
- Support Your Local Library -- Level 2, read 24 library books
- The TBR Pile Challenge -- Read 12 books on my TBR list (they all have been on my shelves for over a year!) within a year. Each one must be reviewed! My list of 12 titles and 2 alternates are listed below.
- Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Zelda: A Life by Nancy Milford
- The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
- The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox
- The House in Paris by Elizabeth Bowen
- A House and Its Head by Ivy Compton-Burnett
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
- Uncle Silas by Sheridan Le Fanu
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- The Warden by Anthony Trollope (alternate)
- Summer will Show by Sylvia Townsend-Warner (alternate)
Simply insert titles of books you read this year into the following phrases:
I began the day with The Bad Seed.
On my way to work I saw Someone at a Distance
and walked by Hotel du Lac
to avoid The Woman in Black.
But I made sure to stop at Wolf Hall.
In the office, my boss said, "Whose Body?"
and sent me to research Lady Audley's Secret.
At lunch with Excellent Woman
I noticed The Man Who Loved Books Too Much
under Locke and Key
then went back to my desk, Wonderstruck!
Later, on the journey home I bought Fragile Things
because I have The Ruby in the Smoke.
then settling down for the evening, I picked up The Oxford Book of English Ghost Stories
and studied The Small Hand
before saying goodnight to Little Dorrit.