Thursday, November 11, 2010

What I'm up to....



Don't be fooled by this snoozing little face; Atticus does sleep quite a bit, but nevertheless he is up every hour and a half to two hours for a feeding.  I'm taking everything in stride, though.  The house is a mess and I live in pj's but I don't care.  I've recently realized that this may very well be my last baby, so I'm enjoying cuddling with him all day.  On that note, thanks for all the comments from my last post; especially from the mamas!  I've always been industrious, and it is difficult for me to sit around and let the house get dirty and have projects/books go unfinished.  It is comforting to know that other mamas insist that rest is needed and that I'm not truly a lazy bum!

I have accomplished much in the past few days.  For example, between yesterday and today I've:

-- Watched a terrible version of The Picture of Dorian Grey.  This new film staring Colin Firth was abysmally bad.  Far too many "decadent slow motion sex scenes."

-- made instant vanilla pudding

-- laundry, laundry, and more laundry

-- napped

-- changed Atticus' outfit about a dozen times

-- read several chapters of North and South

-- drove to Walgreens for 20 minutes to pick up a prescription

-- ordered some embroidery supplies from Sublime Stitching

-- took Sir Atticus to his 2 week checkup.  He gained an entire pound and one inch in the past 9 days!!!

-- began assembling my holiday baking list

-- went to O'Charley's with the baby and my friend Shannon.  Atticus slept in his carrier the entire time with a blanket draped over the top.

I'm off to do yet more laundry and pay some bills and then it is back to snuggling on the couch.  My other task for the day is to figure out the new Moby wrap I have for Atticus.  Once I have the wrap figured out I can read with both hands and cease using the baby as a book prop.

Hope is home from school now and working on the owl puzzle that's been on the dining room table since August.  Sam will be home soon.  I perk up with my family around me in the evening to help with Atticus and have folks to talk to!

 

 

2 comments:

Chris said...

He's such a cutie :) Good to hear from you!! Rest up as much as you can!! And enjoy that vanilla pudding :p

Thomas at My Porch said...

Atticus is a cutie. I recently tried watching that Dorian movie as well. I turned it off after 10 minutes. Nice to know I didn't miss anything.