Monday, September 19, 2011

H is for Husband

Our Wedding Day, 01/16/2010
You'd think with nearly 2 years of marriage under our belts I'd be used to the phrase, "my husband."  I'm not at all used to it and I suppose that is because I always think of Sam as, well, Sam.  I'm still thrilled every time I introduce him or I'm talking about him and I get to say "my husband, Sam."  Although we have our times of frustration and annoyance, being married to Sam is great because he truly is my best friend.  I thought I'd share several tangible reasons why I love him:

  • Every time he goes to the coffee shop without me he always brings me back a coffee or tea 
  • On Sundays he helps with house work and plays with the kids so I can have "mom time."  When I'm stressed and feel like I need to stay home and do something like scrub the basement floor he kicks me out of the house with strict orders to read a "giant Victorian novel."
  • Sore back, scoliosis, and a bum knee... and he still gets on the floor with the kids to play. 
  • He tolerates the profusion of owl knick-knacks and books spilling out of everywhere at home 
  • Even when I fuck up a recipe he eats every bite and tells me it is wonderful.
  • He is the absolute best person to give the "Mystery Science Theater" treatment to movies, television, and coffee shop clientele. 
  • He is super-cuddly, he doesn't mind the fact that I need gobs of non-sexual physical attention.  In fact, most of the time HE asks to cuddle.  
  • I'll say that he'd kill me for writing the above statement, but he won't.  He'll just roll his eyes, shake his head, and tolerate Ye Olde Blog.
  • He draws stuff for me, embroidery patterns, tattoos, logos for the knitting group.  He takes his art time to do stuff for me (because he knows I'm hopeless at drawing).  He is endlessly talented.
  • OMG he is handsome.  Super-tall, broad shoulders, golden brown eyes, and he has a turkey dinner and a maniacal monkey tattoo... hotness .... he is most certainly my Mr. Darcy (a.k.a Inky Darcy)

Alright folks, enough sappiness for now.  I'm off to go smooch my husband.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I have been married five months less than you, and while the term husband came easily to me, I am STILL getting used to my new last name. I guess that's to be expected--I had my old one for 25 years!

Andi said...

Y'all are just the cutest ever.

And he has a TURKEY DINNER tat??? That is fucking awesome!

Ana S. said...

Aww :D I can't stop smiling after reading this.

Heather said...

Awwww, that's the sweetest thing ever. I'm so glad you found your Sam. :D