Saturday, December 10, 2011

Things I Learned this Week: Volume 1

Periodically I like to reread my old journals and flip thorough my previous blog posts.  I noticed that back many moons ago (before Sam and I were even dating) I would do a little "things I learned this week post."  I didn't keep it up for very long but here is one and here is another. I thought I might kick it old school and resurrect this little meme.
  • I learned that one of the most awful disappointments in the world is finding out that someone you considered a close friend is actually an extreme douche-bag and has treated two quite likable ladies awfully.  
  • I learned that one of the most difficult things in the world is to work with friends, because sometimes friends don't always stay your friends.
  • I've learned that Hope thinks I'm boring, our house is boring, and she doesn't want to have friends over because I'm lame.
  • I've learned the nail on the coffin of coolness in a daughter's eyes is when you say "but I have craft supplies!" after she tells you you aren't cool.
  • I've learned that I've reached my stressed-out max because I now have a cold sore on my mouth.  Great.  
  • I've learned that I can finish all of my Christmas shopping on a Saturday morning with a whining toddler in the space of an hour.
  • I've learned that the best cure for a stressful week involves a pedicure and a historical novel.
Alright.  This post is utterly meaningless.  I think I'll go ahead and press publish anyways.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, Amanda. I have had many a week like this recently. Although probably small comfort, I look back on my "rebellious" youth and feel pretty awful about the way I treated my mom. You're not boring at all, and neither was my mom!

Giggly said...

These are my favorite posts because they tell me that I am not alone. :) ...but I am also feelin' for you. XOXOX

TronG said...

Boo! Hopefully the rest of the holiday season gets better. And I don't think you're boring or lame!

Andi said...

I've had some of this going on this week, too. No cold sore yet, but it's probably on the way.