Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday is a Pretty Good Day


On Thursday night I took Sam to his first indie rock concert.  We went to Athens to see Explosions in the Sky! at the Georgia Theater.  First we met up with two of my favorite peeps, Catherine and Spencer, at The Grit.  I had the best dang grilled cheese sandwich with sweet potato fries and a side of mac'n'cheese.  It was divine. 

Afterwards Spencer left and Catherine came to the concert with me.  Sam was a good sport at the concert.  As a metal head it was a lot to ask of him to endure feel good music.  We were in the balcony and Sam keep remarking, "oh no, you guys, watch out, a sway pit is forming."  He wanted to know when the moshing would start.  It didn't. 

We got home a little bit after 1am.  About 5 minutes before we got home Atticus threw-up EVERYWHERE.  Needless to say I didn't get in bed until after 2am and then was up with a vomiting little boy just after 6am.  Sam stayed home from work so I could take Hope to a well-checkup.  While I was at the doctor with Hope we got a prescription for some anti-vomiting medication that seemed to help.  Apparently the entire toddler class was out of daycare with the stomach bug.

Friday was spent in a sleepy daze.  Sam let me take a long two hour nap, but I was still utterly exhausted.  I was in bed just before 11 that night and slept until almost 8am.  I am still tired.  I don't want to move.  Atticus hasn't thrown up since early yesterday afternoon and he has only had one bad diaper this morning.  Let's pray the bug is over and the rest of us have avoided contracting it.

Now this post is supposed to be about today.  Today I'm very tired, but it has been a wonderful day.  Atticus helped me make French Toast this morning, I grocery shopped, we bought a small kiddie pool for this afternoon and now Atticus is napping and Hope is watching Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken for the second time today.  When Atticus wakes up it is pool and popsicle time.  Then soft tacos and salad for dinner.  This evening I plan on squeezing in some writing and a bit of crocheting.  A lovely Saturday.  I'm so tired, but I'm so happy and content.  Even paying the bills this afternoon didn't damper my mood.

I wish all of you a happy, lazy, content Saturday.  Cheers!

No comments: