Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Frippery -- The WHAT THE FUCK Edition

Earlier in the week things were going great. I was eagerly planning for a Saturday craft party, I nabbed two dresses, a pair of heels, and a bag of yarn for $10 at a thrift place; yep, things were peachy.

Then yesterday happened: I woke up with a fear and my ears closed up. After a painful dr. exam which involved poking things in my ears that hurt and shelling out money I didn't have, I found out that I have a double ear infection. Holy Fucking Hallelujahs.

So I miss work. I took today off as well since I have to put these drops in my ears and can't hear a THING.

Here I am this morning, dropped the kid off at school, listening to some radio, driving back home when WHAM! I wreck my car. See these goddamn brats were in the road waiting for the bus and I was watching the kids and the dude in front of me stop.... and I didn't. Well I tried, but no go. He has some minor bumper damage and I have a crumpled car. The cop was super nice (I didn't get a citation) and he thinks the car is certainly worth getting fixed.

Yeah.... a few thousand dollars to pull out of my ass because I only have liability insurance. Great.

I had the car towed to the place where my future mother-in-law works, so at least I now that the estimate I get will not be jacked-up.

Anyways, do to poverty, gas crisis, wrecked car, missed work, and earaches, I've canceled my craft party. I"m going into work tomorrow to try and get caught up on some work.

(humphf)

2 comments:

Andi said...

I'm sorry hun. If it makes you feel any better I found out today that the guy I've been friends with/crushing on from a distance has been married since 2006 and didn't bother to fucking tell me! Very long story but that's the meat of it anyway.

Let's get drunk.

TronG said...

Oh geez... I'm so sorry to hear about this!