Thursday, March 24, 2011

Things I'm Loving

The past week has been about 80% shit.  Some stuff happened on the weekend, work is busy, and Sam's truck broke down.  Not really that bad -- but it has been a stressful and emotional week.

My reaction to this week has been to be a complete bitch to all the people I love.  I've been sullen, selfish, and not a very likable wife and mom.  Yesterday, I decided to try to focus on the positive things in my life.  The little things I love that make the day wonderful; there is almost always something sunny on a cloudy day.

So here we are, the tiny wonderful things that occurred on a Wednesday:


coffee in a Shakespeare mug



Office art created by Hope



Having lunch with Sam.  I told him I wanted to take a picture for "the blog" and this is his more than thrilled expression.



My sweet girl doing her homework



Silly cereal face



Talking to duckie



Sweet Potato Fries!!!



Reading Jane Eyre in the baby room while rocking Atticus to sleep



That one, semi-clean space on Hope's floor



Gigglebox



Baking bread


There we are, all the happy little moments in one place.  All in all yesterday was a good day and I'm sure those other horrid days wouldn't have been quite so bad if I had thought about all my blessings.


 

3 comments:

Thomas at My Porch said...

It is always the little things that are the best. Hope next week is better.

Chris said...

I'm so sorry about the 80% shit :( But I'm thrilled about all of the wonderful things that you posted about too :)

Andi said...

Way to look at the positive. I had an 85% shit week, unfortunately. Hope all is well now. I need to take your tip and look at the good stuff.