In an effort to cheer myself and not feel like a miserable person I thought I'd reflect on all the good points in January and think of the awesomeness in store this month.
- I posted 20 times on my blog. Holy cow! I'm doing so much better! I also updated my blog layout.
- My new oven arrived!
- It was Charles Dickens month. I read a marvelous Dickens' novel, Our Mutual Friend, and made many new Dickens-nerd blog friends.
- I read several other phenomenal books, like The Night Circus and the fourth volume of Locke and Key. I also picked up some more cool books and developed my collection development policy.
- I celebrated my second year of marriage to a splendid individual.
- I participated in SOPA and PIPA protests (in my own fashion).
- I lost 7 pounds and developed a DESIRE to exercise. (Yes, I actually enjoy it now)
- I made some yarn storage and organized my craft lair.
- Lots of baking related things -- I start a cake decorating class this Saturday. Also, I'm making treats for the university bake sale and Hope's birthday is coming up and she has requested the penguin cupcakes from Hello, Cupcake!.
- I have lots of "making things" plans for this month (I'll talk about that more in depth tomorrow). Rest assured there is something yarnish, something stitchish, and many things Valentineish.
- Gardening! As long as funds allow I will be putting a raised bed in the backyard, planting my first crop, and composting.
- The Woman in Black movie will be released! SQUEEEEEE!!!! I've plans for a night of scary literary movie watching and Thai food with a good friend and I can't wait.
- Hope's 12th birthday party. A skate party with gobs of tweenagers.
I hope your February rocks!